Sunday, December 11, 2011

SUUUUUUUUPER SHINY!

I like shiny things.

And I don't know what to write about other than shiny things. SOOO... here is:

SUPER SHINY BITS.

This is Debra. I started living in Seoul, South Korea about 2 1/2 years ago (wow, it's been 2 1/2 years already?!) and I started a blog at the time... and then it died because I started getting really boring. And well, at times I'm still pretty boring. But at least now I have a purpose!!

I've decided to try again on this blog thing, mostly just so I can post pictures of all the (hopefully) cute accessories I make. I hope most of them turn out super shiny. And if they don't, non-shiny things can be pretty awesome too.

First item:


I've recently started liking skull things. My hair is dark, so the black ribbon against my hair isn't all that great.
Here it is by itself:





I made Nic take at least 20 photos of me with my clip, so he gets a to add his tid-bits as well:

Nic's Tid-Bits

Hiya! I'm Nic, and I have the distinct honor of being the boyfriend of Debra. As someone who has watched Debra work to make, wear, and buy parts for all her shiny bits, I can provide the smallest bit of insider information on each post she creates (as well as my own personal take and anecdotes).

For this particular clip, Debra and I adventured to Dongdaemun. For those not in the know, Dongdaemun has a giant, city block sized labyrinth of ribbons-buttons-strings-what-have-yous. There are hundreds of cart sized stores arranged over five stories. There are no points of reference inside so you are left to your own god given talent for navigation.

I always find the trips themselves interesting, if not for the content of the shops than for the adventure in the building. We had to double back and fight a dragon or two to claim the skull buttons, but now it sits happily in Debra's collection next to her skull barrette and my skull bow tie.

Hopefully, we can have more adventures out in the wild wild concrete jungle so as too claim shiny treasures in the future. As a last treat, here is a recent picture of Deb and I:

No comments:

Post a Comment