Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry Christmas!!!!
Today was a great Christmas for Nic and me! Well, at least for me haha... I imagine that since Nic has been playing on the ipad for a lot of the day that it counts as a good day =). We opened lots of presents and ate a delicious lunch/dinner. Presents. Nic and his family got me many nice things-- from jewelry to books to video games.*Does a dance*. I'm so happy and grateful!! Nic got me "Alice: Madness Returns" for PS3 , so I got to play that for a little while. I'm really dumb at PS3. But it's SO COOL.
Nic and I used to work some pretty ridiculous hours- getting up at 7ish and getting off work at 10pm to crash and repeat the process... five days a week. With our morning job finished, we finally get time to relax and be kind of lazy. In my 'lazy' time, I decided to make part of Nic's present as my "shiny bits" post.
Here it is:


It looks like candy, but it's 1000 origami stars! I think this is the... third time I've made a set of 1000 stars. It's not cranes, but--- if you can wish upon ONE star, I'm sure one THOUSAND stars is MUCH better. Therefore, I told Nic to make a wish. I hope it's a good one.
We didn't know the "process" for making a wish, so Nic just held on to them, shook the container a bit, closed his eyes, and made his wish.

Oh yeah, and he tried to eat them.



I've been wanting to make an etsy store for a while, and am thinking of using the stars as a first item to open it. While I'd prefer to make accessories to post, I don't know exactly what I want to make yet. Anyway, I think if they were put in a nice clear container and decorated with a bow it'd make a nice gift. After all, making wishes on stars is kinda fun, no?

Nic's tid-bits:

Always check the delicious candies before you eat them. They might be made of paper. The stars Debra made this time resemble nothing so much as marshmallow cereal and under the right light look edible. Apparently this is what happened to Debra's old roommate's boyfriend. I did indeed wish upon those stars, and no matter where you are your wishes can come to you. Which is lucky since I'm pretty far from my normal place to live.

In other news, I have now definitely been here over a year now, since this is my 2nd Christmas. It's kinda weird to think about it like that. And yet, Deb's been here longer without me than with me. I feel like I've changed a LOT this past year, and the growth is pretty hard for me to see unless I picture the me of before. Well, I'm pretty happy with it overall ^_^b

Debra and I move into our new spacious living quarters next week, so I hope we can give you a shiny new tour of our shiny new apt next week!

1 comment: